Sunday, May 08, 2005

Happy Mother's Day!

We've had a very nice day today. My wonderful husband made sure the kids stayed quiet until I woke up and as soon as I woke up the kids came in with fabulous cards they picked out. We had breakfast at our favorite neighborhood place, went to lunch at our neighbor's big family party (excellent noodle kugel, by the way) and then M-Girl and I went swimming.

M-Girl crossed a big milestone while we were swimming - she decided to take the floaties out of her bathing suit and try to swim all by herself. As she was explaining it to her dad she said "I drownded a little bit" meaning that mom let her see what it's like without floaties and let her go under for a second. We practiced swimming and floating and treading water, all with me holding her hips as little as I could without letting her sink too much. I was so proud of her. When she's ready for something, she jumps right in but heaven forbid you should try to make her do something she isn't ready for!

All in all, it's been a great day. Happy Mother's Day to me!

No comments: