1. Last week was spring break. Before break, there was an announcement that the school would have a spirit week, starting with Pajama Day on Monday. We weren't sure whether spirit week was the week after break or the next week. My kids thought Pajama Day was the Monday after break. Not wanting them to be embarrassed by being the only kids in school wearing pajamas, I thought it would be a good idea to check the school's online newsletter. Which I did. And I told the kids they were right so they wore pajamas to school on Monday. You guessed it - Spirit Week is NEXT WEEK. My kids were just about the only kids in school with their pj's on.
2. I was so upset with myself and apologized to them about one hundred times. My five year old said "That's ok Mom. It wasn't as bad as the time you switched our lunches." Oh, that makes me feel so much better!
3. M Girl wanted bacon for breakfast last week. I look in the fridge and said "There's no bacon." My husband (who does all the shopping and generally knows these things) said "Check again, I think we have another package." So I checked again and confirmed that we were out of bacon. You are so smart - you guessed it again! We had a package of bacon. Right in the drawer where I looked. Twice.
4. We're finally putting our balcony gardens together. We have three balconies - one attached to each of the kitchen, dining room and den. We've put some planters on the kitchen and dining room balconies. Before I went to work, I wanted to ask my husband to check periodically during the day to see how much direct sun the balcony off the dining room gets. He kept saying "Wait. I'm confused. What balcony?" And I kept repeating myself. Three times, I think. Finally he came up to me, looked me in the eye and, with a smile (bless him) said "Honey, are you sure you want me to check the DEN balcony? Or are you talking about the dining room balcony? You keep saying den."
5. I am so lucky to have a husband who knows he should listen to what I MEAN and not what I SAY .
6. Where was I?
7. Oh, right. I was writing about how spacey I've been lately.
8. I realize that the title of this entry is misleading. I don't actually have thirteen examples of how spacey I am. Well, I suppose if I could remember things better, I might be able to come up with thirteen. But the point is, I'm not thinking very clearly these days.
9. Does anyone think I need a vacation? Or maybe a nap. A vacation takes too much work. (Says the woman whose husband does the vast majority of the vacation planning).
10. Have I mentioned lately how lucky I am to have a husband who accommodates my spacey nature and loves me anyway?
11. Love you, honey!
12. Oops. I just realized I forgot to eat lunch. I think I'll go do that.
13. Have a great week everyone!
The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. ItÃ’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!
View More Thursday Thirteen Participants