Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Nothing to say

Really. For once in my life, I have nothing to say. There are lots of thoughts floating around in my head, colliding with one another. I can't decide whether the best analogy is a bunch of bubbles bumping into each other, some merging and becoming bigger, some bursting or whether it's more like swirling protons, crashing and splitting into unrecognizable particles. Either way, I can't seem to form a coherent idea. I am a true space cadet today.

So, why am I blogging on a day like today? Because I said I want to write more and if I'm going to do that, I just can't sit around waiting for the perfect idea to materialize. The way my brain is working (or not) these days, I'll never write another thing if I don't just sit down and do it.

Here's a sampling of the crap in my head:

We saw Spelling Bee, The Musical this weekend. It was good, you should see it.
I have lots of books I'm reading. I really should finish a few of them. The pile of books on my nightstand is taller than I am. And I'm not short.
I wish I didn't have to go to my 3:00 meeting.
I really like the song on my iPod right now. It's called San Francisco by Secondhand Jive.
Should I eat something? I'm not sure if I'm hungry or just feel like eating. Can I take a nap?
I need to call my mom. Soon. Maybe later. God, I don't feel like having a conversation with anyone right now.

I'm not sure if it's PMS or a new medication I'm taking or if I'm just crazy. Maybe the shrinkage in my brain caused by child birth is now catching up with me. Or I've lost too many brain cells watching Spongebob with the kids. I don't know.

Ok, now I'm going to my 3:00 meeting and I will make an attempt to appear intelligent. The only problem is that sometimes when I try to appear smart, I end up looking just the opposite. Maybe if I keep my mouth shut and look like I'm thinking intelligent thoughts, that'll do the trick. I'll let you know how it works out.

1 comment:

AfricaBleu said...

Wait - watching SpongeBob steals brain cells?

What is my name, again?