Thirteen Things about Jessica
1. I admit it, I'm late with my Thursday 13 but I'm doing it anyway. Thank goodness for the ability to "back post" a post! If I didn't admit it here, no one would know! (But I'm too honest for that).
2. It looks like I'm going to test for my yellow belt in Tae Kwon Do on January 21st. Yeah! I'm really excited. I've been working my butt off (unfortunately only figuratively, so far).
3. The only thing my instructor was concerned about was whether M Girl would feel bad if I got a yellow belt before her. She only goes once a week and she isn't quite ready yet. He thinks she'll be ready next month. Big D and I think that it's part of life that people advance at different rates and we're not worried about her being permanently scarred by my advancing quicker than she does. At some point, if we both stick with Tae Kwon Do, I'm sure she'll pass me up. And I'll just have to deal with it!
4. Whenever you test for a new belt, you have to write an essay that's at least 125 words. For this belt, my essay is supposed to be about why I'm taking Tae Kwon Do and what goals I'm setting for myself. I'll post it here when I get it written. I'm excited - I have a paper to write!
5. I got an iHome iPod Docking Station from my hubby for Christmas. I use it at work so I can listen to my iPod all day. I love my iPod! I love my iHome! If I wanted to take a nap at work, I could set the alarm on the iHome and wake up to my iPod tunes. Not that I would do that . . .
6. I'm working on my writing goals. It's slow going. I guess I'm scared to commit to anything. Maybe I'm afraid it will be another promise to myself that I'll break. I've been thinking of lots of ideas for writing and reading my Writers Magazine (which is great) so I'm feeling pumped up about it. I just have to dedicate more time to it. And not at work!
7. In February I get to go to L.A. on business and I'm staying at the Peninsula in Beverly Hills. It's only 3 minutes away from our good friends who I'm dying to see. They had a baby girl in November. This is what I made for her - this blanket (but in a different color) and this blanket.
8. Now that I'm done with those baby blankets, I'm going back to work on a blanket for Big D (a nice soft, thick dark blue basketweave) that I started more than two years ago.
9. I think I should officially be named the queen of unfinished projects. I have a crochet blanket that I started working on over ten years ago. (!) I was going to do gardening on our three balconies. I bought some books on container gardening and we bought a large container with a trestle (that we've yet to set up). There are still no living things on those balconies (except the spiders and as long as they continue to eat the mosquitoes, they can stay).
10. I'm not even talking about the stories and stuff I've started to write but never finished.
11. Maybe finishing what I started should have been one of my resolutions for 2006.
12. Or not.
13. At least I'm doing Thursday Thirteen regularly. I gotta have some discipline in my life!
See the sidebar blog roll for links to other Thursday Thirteens!
The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. ItÂs easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!
View More Thursday Thirteen Participants