Tuesday, April 05, 2005

Feeling the pressure

I have long fantasized about being a writer. Mostly I fantasize about being able to sit at Starbucks all day with my laptop and a nice wireless hookup sipping lattes. Maybe the reason I haven't actually done anything about it is that I realize the reality of it won't come close to matching the fantasy.

Nevertheless, it's been on my mind so much recently that I decided to start this blog. I figured a blog would be a way to force myself to write regularly. Part of my fantasy is that someone will actually read my writing and like it enough to come back for more. The problem now is thinking about things to write and feeling the pressure of trying to write something interesting to someone other than myself.

Not to state the obvious, but I know that I'll never be a writer if I don't actually write anything. And writing something but keeping it in draft on my blog doesn't count. So I'll post this and probably no one will read it (except maybe my husband who is the only one I've given the URL to) but that's ok. I'll keep trying and maybe soon I'll say something interesting enough to get someone to read it!

No comments: