Friday, April 15, 2005

Details, details

Well, it's official. I am the least detail-oriented person in the universe.

Two highlights of the week:

1) I gave my oldest daughter the wrong dose of antibiotics for nine days becaues I mis-read the label on the first day and didn't bother to check it again. Because I was giving her too little, she has to take medicine that makes her teeth yellow for another 10 days. (Not great for a kid that often has several auditions each week).

2) I screwed up our state taxes because I failed to claim the property tax exemption to which we were entitled (a $233 mistake). That meant that I had to fill out a paper form to fix it which completely obliterated the savings of time and trouble that we got from filing online in the first place. I learned one thing, though. I shouldn't drink a beer before I try to do taxes. I apparently can't handle my Heineken.

Heavy sigh.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

If anyone is wondering where Big D was during this time, let me fill you in on a little secret. I did the Federal filing and stepped away to go to the bathroom. While taking care of MY business, Jess jumped into my seat and decided to finish the State taxes! Oh, impetuous youth!