Sunday, November 12, 2006

More first grade ficshun

M Girl made up a story for me tonight before bed. I can't recall how we got on the subject of rain and umbrellas but somehow we got to this:

Once there was a man who didn't have an umbrella. He was the only person in the whole universe who didn't have an umbrella. He never went out in the rain and he never bought an umbrella. One day he bought an umbrella and he went out in the rain and he died.

You can see from this story and this story that she has a slightly dark and twisted sense of humor, which I love. (Kind of like Alanis Morissette, I guess.)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

maybe he's the wicked witch of the west's (I'm melting I'm melting . . . )little brother, who's name I can't recall, so i'll go look in that book you saw on my nightstand!

Anonymous said...

where do these short people get these ideas! I swear someone dies or gets maimed in 90% of O's stories too.

Kristen said...

Haha! She's still at her unique story-telling, huh?! Bryce is into identifying which stories are "ficTION" (that's how he emphasizes the word) and which aren't...but most of what comes out of HIS mouth these days is definitely fiction.

Bimbo said...

I'm telling you, the kid shows promise.