Thursday, January 04, 2007

Picky, picky

In the two spare seconds that I have to post today I decided that I had to write about some coffee related topics.

First there was the woman in front of me at Starbucks who ordered a venti, no foam, soy latte at 140 degrees. Seriously - who orders a drink at a specific temperature? What would happen if your latte was only 135 degrees? Or - god forbid - 143 degrees! And who orders a "no foam" latte? The whole point of a latte is the foam. It's NOT a latte if it doesn't have foam. It's espresso with warm milk. Yes, I'm a Starbucks geek.

I'm sure there are people roll who their eyes at me when I order my 1/2 decaf grande non-fat latte. They probably think "What's the point of getting decaf? Isn't the whole point of coffee the caffeine?" They also probably say "Who puts non-fat milk in their latte?" Or something like that. People are so judgmental (she says without a hint of irony).

The other thing that made me go "Hmmm" today was an advertisement I saw on the bus for a coffee grinder/brewer that also gives you the weather. Why the weather? Why not the traffic report or headline news? The tag line for the ad is "I could have told you to wear snowshoes." Seriously - does anybody really need a coffee maker to tell them that it's snowing?

2 comments:

Bimbo said...

I've seen this product advertised during baseball games. It's called Hit-Away, essentially a baseball on a tether so it doesn't go anywhere when it's hit. Sort of like... baseball without all the running and throwing, sports without all the physical effort. Ok, so I know it's a training tool for little leaguers, but um, shouldn't they be running and throwing and taking real pitches?

landismom said...

That is tremendously useless. What I really need is a coffeemaker that can predict my kids' mood for the day.