Here are 13 excuses (lame and otherwise) why I haven't written anything in the past two weeks:
1.Things have been busy at work. Things have been busy at home.
2. I've been procrastinating.
3. I have a severe case of writers block.
4. I've been thinking a lot about religion and faith lately. I'm not religious so it's kind of unusual for me to be giving so much mindspace to this issue. I've wanted to write about it but I'm concerned about offending people with my views.
5. Being overly concerned about offending people is also kind of unusual for me.
6. The controversy over at Morphing into Mama has made me extra skittish. (Go here to see the post that sparked the fire storm.) Not that I have nearly as many readers as MIM does. And my butt isn't half as cute as hers. But I think I have the potential to piss people off and I'm not sure I want to be controversial. (For the record, I think MIM makes some really good points. I also know that she's smart and funny and a fabulous writer. I think it's rotten that people have decided to attack her personally for sharing her opinion on her own blog.)
7. Sometimes I think all of the good stuff has already been written. I have a fear of being "derivative."
8. I don't really know what it means to be "derivative" but I'm pretty sure it's bad.
9. I worry that I don't have anything interesting to say.
10. There's lots of stuff that I would like to write about but since this blog isn't anonymous, I won't write it.
11. It's not that I have really bad things to say about anyone. But I can't write about stuff like job interviews (what? No. I'm not interviewing for anything . . . really), my family (not that I have anything bad to say but I don't want to embarass anyone or put my kids at any risk). I'd like to write more about my struggles with depression - although I'm not ashamed of it, there are people who might hold it against me so I don't want to take the chance.
12. Maybe I need an anonymous blog.
13. Yeah, just what I need for my procrastination guilt - two blogs where I don't post enough!
See the sidebar for other Thursday Thirteens!